- April 03, 2014
Of course some of you never really heard or knew exactly what a CMS website really is and how it can be exceptional for your business. I must say it will be a tremendous asset for most of the companies around the world or just in case you are looking for a more organized and manageable website for your small businesses.
But before anything else, CMS stands for Content Management System that was introduced in the late 90s and was blueprinted to reduce complicated tasks of the web development process. This will allow you to create, edit and publish as well as do some modifications on all elements of your website easily, without having so much knowledge on knotty computer languages like HTML, CSS, PHP and a lot more.
Back in the days, maintaining a single website is really a frustration for most of the developers, designers, administrators and even the owners. Because it lacks flexibility to publish documents in a lesser amount of time. Styling is very much limited for designers, the development process will be the developer's daily grind and if all these hired guns are gone, you should expect the owner to be in a dilemma.
Now, If you can imagine yourself from one of those footings, you will definitely have a go for CMS.
Content management systems features a wide range of capabilities, that is why many people uses it for any kind of websites like blogs, e-commerce, personal websites and certainly for businesses.
- Many CMS frameworks are open-source. Meaning they are free to be downloaded from their respective sites.
- Also you can extend its capabilities by downloading and installing plugins, components and modules.
- You can set a hierarchy of users who can manage, publish and edit the content of your website.
- Integrate social media plugins with no sweat. Most of the CMS systems today are now capable of supporting multi-database.
- Secure and backup your CMS website with ease. One of the best thing about some popular CMS is that they have a huge amount of supporters within their community who are engaged in helping each other, sharing ideas and be able to acquire free extensions for your CMS website.
There are hundreds or thousands of content management systems available over the internet but the notable ones are Drupal, WordPress, Joomla! and Magento. Also, one of the key underlying principle of these popular systems is their usability with plenty of extension plugins that you can use for improving your website.